As an initial consideration, all manuscripts submitted for review are expected to be free from language errors and must be written and formatted strictly by following the manuscript preparation guidelines of the journal. Manuscripts that are not entirely written according to the guidelines and/or do not reflect an expert use of the English language will not be considered for publication and will not be sent to any of the journal reviewers for evaluation. It is completely the author’s responsibility to comply with the rules and check for any errors. Thus, all necessary actions should be taken by the author(s) before a manuscript is submitted to the journal.
Non-English speaking authors are encouraged to use language editing services to have their manuscripts checked and edited for including grammar, sentence structure, content clarity, formatting, punctuation, and spelling by native speakers/language experts.
By submitting a new manuscript, author(s) ensure that the manuscript:
- is suitable for the aims and scope of the journal,
- has not been previously published (in whole or part), nor is currently under evaluation for publication elsewhere,
- is prepared in accordance with the publication ethics of the journal,
- is approved by all co-author(s) and corresponding author is authorized to manage all correspondences on behalf of all co-author(s),
- adheres to the stylistic, bibliographic and language standards outlined in the Author Guidelines of the journal.
Before the manuscript is peer-reviewed by experts, all incoming manuscript submissions are subject to an initial screening by the editors. At this stage, editors may return the manuscript to authors for adjustments or may reject the manuscript without further evaluation. At any stage during peer review, editors may assign section editors/reviewers, request revisions from authors, or make a final decision regarding the submission. All submitted manuscripts are assigned a unique manuscript ID by the submission system. This ID should be stated in any communication with editorial or support staff.
The following article types are published in Journal of Mathematics and Science Teacher:
- research articles,
- review articles,
- book reviews,